Last Friday I posted a picture on Facebook of our date night dinner and had several comments and private messages for the recipe…so I thought I’d share it here!!
We have recently decided that we need to set some sort of dating schedule. Josh and I are both busy and since we run out of steam a lot, we don’t often have dates anymore. That paired with the fact that the town we live in has no desirable date locations. Last Friday Josh called me on the way home from work and said he was going to pick up some lobster (which wasn’t on our meal plan for the week). He had to pop out again after he got home so I quickly put together one of his favourite meals, set the table on the deck with a candle and queued up a playlist all before he returned home.
While it looks fancy and possibly even intimidating, it couldn’t be any easier. I have made this in the past with chicken as well and just added in lots of garlic and whatever veggies I had on hand (red peppers typically). It’s not what I would consider to be a healthy meal so we save it for special occasions (date nights!).
- 1 lb of shelled lobster meat
- sesame oil
- 1-2 cups mung bean sprouts
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ organic cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce (I love Franks Extra Hot!)
- 1-2 Tbsp all natural smooth peanut butter
- 1 package of rice noodles
- chopped peanuts for serving
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles are cooking, heat a wok with 1-2 tsp of sesame oil. Add in the lobster and cook for 2-3 minutes (just to get the flavour in there). Add in the bean sprouts and the vinegar, sugar, hot sauce, peanut butter and fish sauce. Stir everything until peanut butter is melted then add in the drained rice noodles. Stir fry everything until the sauce has reduced.
- Plate and serve with chopped peanuts!