Who doesn’t love the delicious combination of a warm, gooey peanut butter chocolate chip cookie? It’s one of my favourite combinations. For about a year after I went gluten, dairy, and egg free I wasn’t overly adventurous when it came to treats. Don’t get me wrong, I still ate lots of them, I just stuck with a few tried and true recipes, and repeatedly made them when I wanted something sweet. Over the last 6 months I’ve been trying out more and more dessert/treat recipes and these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are up there on my list of favourites.
I stumbled upon this recipe when I came across The Detoxinista blog. Her recipes are always super easy and delicious, and since I discovered the blog I’ve been cooking and baking my way through it!
Even though these cookies don’t have any flour or eggs, they are still nice and light and just a bit fluffy. The thing I’ve learned about cooking gluten free/vegan cookies….they take a lot less work and a lot less time to throw together. That plus these taste just as good (if not better) as any other peanut butter chocolate chip cookie I have ever had. That makes for a dangerous combination if you ask me.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, unsalted
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 flax egg (or 1 whole chicken egg)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F. In a medium bowl, mix together the first five ingredients until a thick, gooey batter forms, then fold in the chocolate chips. Using a tablespoon, or cookie scoop, drop batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350F, turning the pan half-way through the baking time so that the cookies brown evenly.
- Once the cookies are lightly browned, remove the pan from the oven, and allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- They will firm-up as they rest, so this step is important! Once they are cool, and firm enough to handle, use a spatula to remove the cookies and transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Question: what is your favourite kind of cookie??